Give to Classical and European Studies
and Contribute to the Future
A research-oriented department of international standing at one of the nation's leading universities: Classical and European Studies @ Rice encourages you to consider a contribution to the future of our students and to Rice’s vibrant intellectual culture.
Among our funding priorities are:
- Attracting top undergraduate students by offering substantial fellowships for a unique study abroad experience.
- Summer fellowships for undergraduate research projects that often entail visits to Greek and Roman sites and museums, to French, German, Austrian, and Swiss archives, museums, and universities.
- Endowed chairs (e.g. literary studies, media and film studies, political thought).
- Recruiting and retaining outstanding faculty.
- A regular visiting professorship attracting leading scholars, writers, and public intellectuals from the U.S. and Europe.
- Investing in the internationally renowned research of our faculty.
Gifts can come in many forms: from outright donations, large and small, to pledges and bequest intentions that assure a lasting legacy.
The close connection between research and teaching lies at the heart of our department and enables students to develop original contributions at an early stage. Critical thinking and a global perspective are central to our students' future success. Our students often receive Fulbright Grants and continue at some of the best graduate and professional schools in the U.S. and Europe.
For giving opportunities at all levels, please contact Jeanette Zey, Director of Development for the School of Humanities, at 713-348-4669 or firstname.lastname@example.org.